Awnings, Sun Trellises, Garden Trellises and Other Sun-Control Devices
Note: Approvable for rear of houses only
- Sun control devices shall be compatible with the architectural character of the
house in terms of style, color and materials. Cloth and/or wood are preferred
- Awnings shall be of straightforward design without decorative embellishment
such as scallops, fringes and contrasting colored stitches.
- Awnings, sun trellises and garden trellises shall be consistent with the visual
scale of the houses to which they are attached.
- The location of any awning, sun trellis or garden trellis shall not adversely affect
views, sunlight, or natural ventilation of adjacent properties.
- Color of pipe frames for canvas awnings shall match or complement trim or
dominant color of the house. If awnings are removed for winter storage, pipe
frames shall be removed.
- The location, size, number, and appearance of prior modifications and
improvements on a Lot may impact or cause denial of future modification
- Photograph or picture from a brochure
- Sketch or drawing, including site plan of the residence with measurements
- Materials and colors, i.e. cloth, wood, etc.
- ARC approved house colors and picture of house colors